Laying the foundation for a common European mobility data space
About the project
PrepDSpace4Mobility lays the foundation for a secured and controlled way of pooling and sharing mobility data across Europe. The 12-month Coordination and Support Action (CSA) contributes to the development of the common European mobility data space by mapping existing data ecosystems, identifying gaps and overlaps within, and proposing common building blocks and governance frameworks found in existing data space architectures. The actions are carried out by a project team comprised of leading experts from the private and public mobility sectors, with key competencies in mobility, economics, and digital technologies. Jointly, they are supporting a new European era of mobility data sharing, centred around the principles of trust, interoperability, and sovereignty, where data can be made available, accessed, and securely exchanged across Europe. PrepDSpace4Mobility represents a vital pillar for the future deployment of a single market for mobility data.
MAPPING WHAT EXISTS
Existing data ecosystems can be found all over Europe, yet their characteristics might vary heavily. PrepDSpace4Mobility creates an extensive understanding of the current landscape by
- Identifying existing European data ecosystems in the mobility and logistics sector
- Creating a catalogue summarising all relevant data ecosystems including valuable information about the type and quality of data
FINDING COMMON GROUND
In addition to analysing the European data landscape, PrepDSpace4Mobility finds common ground among existing and new data related initiatives – here is how:
- Analysing gaps and overlaps of existing private, public, or industrial data sharing initiatives
- Exploring suitable frameworks for securely sharing and managing data exchange across Europe
- Proposing common building blocks to build up on in coordination with engaged stakeholders
- Ensuring alignment with the European Data Spaces Technical Framework
PrepDSpace4Mobility carries out a sequence of preparatory activities, aimed at laying the foundation for a common European mobility data space.
A pan-European consortium of leading experts in the research, business and public sector is collaborating closely to achieve PrepDSpace4Mobility’s strategic objectives.